Monday, October 1, 2012

Two random things

Although I should be in bed right now, I figured I would share a couple of upcoming events we have. While they are a little random and completely different, they at least in some way pertain to our pregnancy/adoption.

Firstly, one way Tam and I have been attempting to raise some money to put toward our adoption is through garage sales. We had one last weekend (which didn't go too badly) but due to the rain, our HOA has decided to have another one in two weeks on 10/13. Before I ask the "if you have anything that you have been wanting to get rid of " question, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE first consider donating it to a charity, especially as the Christmas season will be here before we know it. If you are looking for somewhere to make a donation, here is a place that always needs help and does a great job of making the most out of what they receive: http://www.secondmile.org/.

However, if you still would like to help out our cause and have something you would like to get rid of without going to the trouble of a garage sale, Tam and I would love to try to sell it in ours and would definitely appreciate the donation. Just get in touch with us and we will come pick up whatever you would like us to.

As for that other thing......so maybe this is me wanting to do something crazy before I become a dad (which I hear doesn't involve very much sleep), but this Saturday 10/6 I, along with my younger brother and two guys we went to school with, will be running in a Tough Mudder. For those of you who have not heard of this event, take a look at this link (http://toughmudder.com/austin-2012/). In a nutshell, Tough Mudder is a 10 - 12 mile run broken up by 28 obstacles designed by British Special Forces to test your strength, stamina, blah, blah, blah. Obviously, the biggest test here is on your sanity, which I appear to be failing miserably.

In any case, I have been training for almost 4 months so there is no quitting now. I will be recording the run (mainly the obstacles) with a GoPro camera and will be posting a YouTube link to the video here next week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment