Monday, October 29, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...

 
That's what little GIRLS are made of!  So, as you know, we went to the doctor and had the ultrasound to tell us whether we are having a girl or boy.  We are excited to say it's a girl! (We would have been excited either way).  She was rather difficult at the beginning of the ultrasound.  She was face down and would not turn over, no matter how much wiggling of my belly was done.  But in the end we were finally able to get a good picture that leaves no doubt in our minds that it's a girl.  I've posted one of the ultrasound pics below.  We haven't picked a name yet though...

There's no doubt!  It's definately a girl!
We had some of our family over on Saturday for lunch.  Funny story, I was talking to my mother-in-law and I said "Next year we'll have to figure out what babysitter to put 'em with" and she thought I said "him".  So she thought I had slipped up and said that it was a boy.  Mike added to the craziness by saying, "Funny it's usually me who messes up surprises!"  So after lunch when we had the cake balls, she was really suprised when the inside was pink!  It was great! 

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law who live in Dallas couldn't be there, so we face-timed with them on Mike's phone and he bit into the cake ball and then showed them the pink inside on the phone.  It really was a neat moment to see everyone's suprised faces.  Then, I got my very first baby presents to open from family.  I'm already loving all the cute girl stuff!!  It was an awesome day! 

Cake Ball Reveal - Mmmm!  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment