Friday, August 24, 2012

There's a first time for everything...

As I still have not succumbed to the pressure to create a Facebook account (I know, shame on me :-p), and Tamara is not on there much either, we have decided to start our own blog! I know, we could more or less do the same thing on Facebook, but then I would not be able to share this with the 5 other people on this planet without a Facebook account. :-)

I have no idea the direction this blog will take over time, but the inspiration for it came from two places:
  1. Our desire to share with family, friends, and anyone else interested our adoption experiences as well as to provide updates on our recent pregnancy!
  2. Our friends Ben and Lauren Huss, whose story is not that much different from ours. They have an awesome blog (teamhuss.blogspot.com) so check it out.
With this blog, we also hope to be able to encourage others who are considering or are in the process of adopting so please feel free to get in touch with us.

If you don't mind reading a few paragraphs, check out the Our Story page to see what has led us to the point we are at right now.

And finally, to all you veteran bloggers, as Tamara and I know little about blogging, please feel free to let us know if we are "blogging" incorrectly :-)

3 comments:

  1. The blog looks great! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me cry...love the story even though I've been walking it with you. Matt and I are thrilled to be welcoming not one, but two, beautiful new family members into our family in the future. Keep pursuing God and He will continue to bless you. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing Amy forgot to mention... I am one of those 5 people in the world without a Facebook account and proud of it. Stay strong and never give in. :)

    I am extremely proud of the choices you and Tamara have made and look forward to meeting my new nephews and/or nieces.

    ReplyDelete